Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Malia has her say

Today I offered Malia cake for lunch.  She eagerly accepted the slice I gave her and took a hearty bite of it.  At this point I had walked away for a moment and came back to find her leaning over the garbage can, vigorously spitting it out.  Evidently, the cake I had presented to her did not approach her culinary standards.  In fact, she found the cake so repulsive, she stuck out her tongue so that I could wipe off the remaining crumbs from her offended taste buds.

 

Actually, I didn't really give Malia cake for lunch.  It was banana bread.


I think I need to take a different approach when I offer good food to my children.  Like, maybe not lying to them.





I gave Malia yogurt for lunch instead.  She liked it very much, thank you.

5 comments:

  1. LOVE that last picture!
    And you should make that tomato soup loaf. If your kids like onbytkoek, they will like that too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pictures are precious!!
    My kids love yogurt too. Although I must admit I may "lie" to them as well as they actually think its icecream!! HAHA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ontbijtkoek - sounds like a good recipe to submit to the HHS cookbook!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks rather triumphant!
    Sam didn't like yogurt when she was little, so we called it 'Astro' (brand name). She ate it no problem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. See? Creative fudgery has it's place!

    ReplyDelete